[GNUe] supported databases/drivers

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: [GNUe] supported databases/drivers
Date: 18 Mar 2004 21:32:41 +0100

Am Do, 2004-03-18 um 21.02 schrieb Christopher Lewis:
> Since you brought it up, what should the provider be for the
> postgresql-python
> package?  I used "provider=postgresql" and the designer won't logon to the
> database.  The simple form wizard won't get past selecting the datasource.

There is no program or library that is officially called
"postgresql-python", and I do not know what is in the package with that
name.

But I would bet it's either pypgsql or pygresql. You might want to try
both and tell us if one of them worked.

> However, if I use a mysql datasource, it does ask for the logon, and it works
> fine.  I just wanted to try PostgreSQL, since that's what seems to be
> supported.  Otherwise, I will just try building my apps with mysql.

As mentioned before on this list, MySQL support is unfortunately broken
in 0.5.3. It will most probably work again in 0.5.4.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller
GNU Enterprise project