Re: [GNUe] packages?

From: Stefan Elwesthal
Subject: Re: [GNUe] packages?
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 01:56:38 +0800

First of all, excuse me if this mail is sent twice.
The lousy webmail account I'm using is avtually joke, sometimes it takes too
much time to send it so I get kicked out instead. (think I shoudl mail these
guys and tell them not to run an old 486 with 8MB RAM as a mailserver...)

And James, I really like your mail, and your willingness to help!

From: James Thompson <address@hidden>

> More than likely you are missing the mxdatetime module.  Almost all the
> database drivers depend upon this module which isn't a part of python.  Our
> driver loaders currently cannot tell the difference between a driver that
> failed to load because it was missing and a driver that failed to load
> because a dependency of the driver is missing.

Isn't mxdatetime part of egenix-mx-base?
suse:/etc/sysconfig # rpm -q python-egenix-mx-base
python-egenix-mx-base-2.0.4-59

> I'd really like to get this running for you.

And I would love to get it going. I'm there with Postgres now, everybody has
told me Postgres is beter in Enterprise solutions then MySQL, and I won't
disagree. And whatever, I love to learn :)

I would definietly like to show my colleague-Developers how eas I could make
n-tier apps with GNUe... instead of using Delphi7 and spend a month like they
do with every new form :P

Best Regards, and excuse me for nagging too much on this list
(Remember, I'm the one who suggested phpBB instead ;)

Take care!
Stefan