Re: [GNUe] packages?

From: Adrian Maier
Subject: Re: [GNUe] packages?
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:58:05 +0200

Stefan Elwesthal wrote:
You could either upgrade MySql or switch to PostgreSQL. If i were you, i would deffinitely choose PostgreSQL because it has more features and its implementation of the SQL language is much more standards-compliant. Cheers, Adrian Maier

Thanx for the help! If I had read that error I would of course notice the silly Rollback (*eek* that one slows down the database for sure). I 'll start with upgrading to a newer mySQL (how new?)

I don't know which is the first version of mysql that supports
transactions.  In fact, you need support for what they call "InnoDB
storage engine".  Maybe your current mysql already has it and you
only have to activate/use it. Since I have never used it, i can't give
you more precise information.

> and if it won't work I suppose I need to find myself a good
tutorial on PostGres so I could setup my "AdressBook" at least :) Regards Stefan

Adrian