Re: [GNUe] Re: GNUe (was 'What's up?')

From: Christian Selig
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Re: GNUe (was 'What's up?')
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:21:40 +0100

Quoting Stefan Elwesthal <address@hidden>:
> First of all, this was definietly a good conversation, I almost fell of my
> chair watching all this traffic on this list this morning, that means one of
> the goals has already been reached :)
> Personally, I have to say though that I favour web-forums. I simpley love
> them and use them all the time when I need help, when I won't to ask
> something or whatever. Forums are static, I can do searches and see if
> someone has already answered my question, and I can easily help others.
> So.. is it only me that's a friend of phpBB?

Honestly, Web forums are the only thing that is worse than IRC, IMHO. :-)
Searching mailing lists can be done through google, gmane can ensure message
availability through news groups etc.

Personally, I don't have much time to hang around IRC, which was quite some fun
in the past, but I can no longer follow everything and would also be happy about
a more static form of conversion; but I think mailing lists are the best way to
do so.

> Anyway, I've tried GNUe a couple of times, and I think
> it's very interesting, and definietly promising. The whole idea behind it is
> great!

A friend of mine is evaluating GNUe for two businesses in Romania.

Greets,
  Christian