Re: [GNUe] Re: GNUe (was 'What's up?')

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Re: GNUe (was 'What's up?')
Date: 16 Mar 2004 22:56:16 +0100

Am Di, 2004-03-16 um 20.57 schrieb James Thompson:
> The gnue-appserver team has been making huge strides lately and today have
> re-added an application called hotline to gnue-contrib after we accidentally
> deleted it in the move to subversion 1.0 :)  I know little about it other
> than it's using the newly released gnue-appsever as it's backend, and I
> believe a few of the developers use it to track customer data at their
> business, I think.   Maybe one of them can expand on this.

It's the first application using gnue-appserver to be used in production
ever. The main goal why we are doing it is that we want to see *how*
ready for production use gnue-appserver is.

We are aware that quite some people use the other tools daily, and we
have seen experience from this daily use flowing back into the
development of those tools. We want the same to start now with
gnue-appserver.

Our target is to use it in our business starting from April, 1.

If you're going to ask "can I use gnue-appserver in production", you
might want to wait for this date :-)

But note that (as mentioned above) aside of gnue-appserver, the other
tools (gnue-forms, gnue-reports, gnue-designer, gnue-navigator) are used
in production daily.

About the rest of this thread, all I can (and want to) comment is that
we quite well know about our shortcomings in communication,
documentation and samples, and we highly appreciate *any* kind of help.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller
GNU Enterprise project