Re: [GNUe] postgresql.sql in pre-release

From: Jason Cater
Subject: Re: [GNUe] postgresql.sql in pre-release
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 09:56:45 -0600

Johannes,

I'm not PostgreSQL expert, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

My understanding is that, as of PostgreSQL 7.0, "timestamp" is the official
datatype for "date with time". This was to bring PgSQL in line with SQL-92
standard namespace.

"datetime" was marked as deprecated in 7.0 and was officially removed in 7.3.

I imagine the original poster of this email is using 7.3+ and you are using
7.2 (from Woody).

This change hit a lot of us when we upgraded from Woody :(

-- Jason