Re: Feature questions

From: Jan Ischebeck
Subject: Re: Feature questions
Date: 04 Apr 2003 01:55:26 +0200

Am Don, 2003-04-03 um 22.43 schrieb Derek Neighbors:
<snip>
> > 2. Which sources can Integrator read?
> Currently none as Integrator has been officially started.  That said you
> could use our reports engine to do some interesting things.
There is a working implementation in the integrator directory in CVS.
But there is still missing an official Plan or Featurelist for
integrator. (Derek, could you please :) )

> > 2.1 Where does it store the data it reads?
> > 2.2 Does it transform it to XML?
> The answer will be yes it will store into XML.  Whether you write it as
> XML or it only deals with XML in memory likely will depend on your
> transformations needs.
>
> > 2.3 Can it read flat files like excel documents and access databases?
> That is one of the requirements.
The actual,inofficial implementation uses the db abstraction layer
provided by GNUe Common, which provides access to the most common
databases and f.e. DBase III (dbf) files. (CSV file access is being
worked on.) The official Integrator will probably use GNUe Common too.
<snap>

Jan

--
Jan Ischebeck <address@hidden>