Re: Purchase Orders for Utilities, etc.

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: Purchase Orders for Utilities, etc.
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:17:28 -0700 (MST)

> I had actually wondered about something like this when discussing the
> subject in IRC.  I think such a flag would be a *good* idea. I'm not
> certain about it being true by default, but then again I'm a programmer
> and not an accountant -- I'll let the accountants here debate that one

We could have a default to set the default. :)  (/me is being serious)

I envision that when installing GNUe-SB likely you will have to go through
an 'Interview' process that will set your default tables up to a degree.
You could be prompted with "Do you require a PO for all purchases (Y/N)?"
a yes answer sets the flag to true for all accounts.  However, I urge we
focus on KISS early on and catalogue this kind of thing in the
requirements section and put on further out roadmap.

> I know in my existing company, whether right or wrong, they would not go
> for requiring a PO for every single AP invoice.  We have good rules on
> what requires a PO (goods) and what doesn't (services). Given the size
> of our company and the nature of our business, this works great for
> them. So they would consider a system that forces a PO for every single
> AP invoice to be a flaw. But they would probably make use of this flag.

Many smaller companies dont even fuss with POs.

>> * My apologies to Geoffrey Boycott (now *there's* a phrase I
>> never thought I'd type) for (ab)using his cricket-related
>> metaphor.
>
> Hmm.

Im going to claim pure l'americanism here and say I'm greatful to know
what cricket is, but have no clue on Geoffrey Boycott or what the metaphor
was. ;0

-Derek