Re: Problems getting 0.4.99 to run under win32

From: Luca Cotta Ramusino
Subject: Re: Problems getting 0.4.99 to run under win32
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:02:18 +0100

Hi all, and thanks for the input. Please do not think that I'm a Win bigot.
However, my feeling is that if I can't run Form on Windows, then my chances
of convincing anybody on the merits of GNUe (at this stage, at least) are
somewhat limited. That said, let's get down to business

-- Yes, I think I can handle SAP-DB. I chose mysql simply because I already
had it running on my machine.

-- And yes, I can test the WIN32 version if you wish. Just point me to the
archives. I'm not really familiar with CVS, as my experience with versioning
systems is limited to sccs on some steam-powered mini from looooong ago.
However, I'm game.

-- I don't want to fall back to 0.4.3 if that means I can't play with
whatever's available for GNUe-sb.

I'm following GNUe-sb because I think 2-tier could be a good starting place
for the University of Milan project.

Eventually I'll get a spare machine with Linux to play with GEAS and 3-tier.
Can't do it on this machine, as "She Who Must Be Obeyed" is going to be very
pissed if she can't get to Flash MX and 3D Studio... ;-)

So, if you can point me in the right direction, I'm eager to get started.
Just tell me which version of SAP-DB, drivers for Python, and Common + Forms
versions that need testing under XP. Also any assorted odds & ends I might
need besides what I have.

Thanks to all,

Luca