Re: Forms definition again - high-resolution capability requirements

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: Forms definition again - high-resolution capability requirements
Date: 19 Oct 2002 12:13:51 -0700

On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 09:17, Robert Jenkins wrote:
> In the meantime; pending GNUe reaching a suitably functional level, I've
> started writing my own Forms client / designer, as I will lose my
> customer if I don't get their new system up and running fairly soon.
>
> It happily takes existing GNUe forms definitions (as I hope to still use
> GNUe and get them changed over to 'Enterprise' once it's done), but it
> has the screen resolution and security extensions I need.
>
> So far it handles form display, paging, etc., with login at startup
> reading user security level from a table on the database. I'm currently
> working on the rest of the database integration, then I have to start on
> the designer side...
> What does everyone else think??

I dont see how writing your own from scratch is easier than extending
GNUe to have the functionality you need.

As Jason stated we are not limited in screen resolution in any way shape
or form.  We do use x/y coordinates for widget placement, but there is
no limitation as to where you can place them.

--
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise

Was I helpful?  Let others know: