Re: New releases soon - pre-releases ready for testing now

From: cbbrowne
Subject: Re: New releases soon - pre-releases ready for testing now
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 18:03:04 -0400

> The pre-releases are at
> http://www.gnuenterprise.org/downloads/prereleases.php

It's rather disappointing that none of the releases are .deb-packaged, as it
was very nice to have this in the past.

It is worth noting that ensuring compatibility with the quickly-evolving
versions of Python is a challenge at least from a packaging perspective.  I
recently tried building the Debian-packaged packages from source, and modern
changes in the bytecompiler seemed to cause breakage...

I'm sure the issues are much the same with RPM packages...
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" "@acm.org")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/emacs.html