Re: Documentation File Formats

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: Documentation File Formats
Date: 24 Aug 2002 00:12:41 +0200

Am Fre, 2002-08-23 um 19.41 schrieb address@hidden:
> I would _think_ that the point of the exercise with GNUe would be that
> someone that doesn't know DocBook might write their document using
> OpenOffice.org, and then that would get transformed to DocBook, the
> _real_ format being used by GNUe.

No doubt, this is a really good thing. Although I see a danger here: A
isn't docbook enabled and writes a document using openoffice.org. B
translates the document into the "official docbook format". C makes some
changes in the docbook file as he regards that as the "official" source
file. From now on, A isn't able to maintain his own document any more,
as the current version is only available as docbook.

Exactly this happened with the "Module writer's guide", where A == me.
And it's a pain for me to not be able to fix the things in that document
that are oboleted.

Just my 0.02 EUR
--
Reinhard Mueller