Re: A question on two version of python.

From: infotechsys
Subject: Re: A question on two version of python.
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 06:15:22 -0500

Thanks for the info Scott. I notice at the bottom of the document
that you pointed me to has  an item 9, but nothing there. Was
there suppose to be an item 9?
Wayne

Scott Lamb wrote:

Like this:

   /usr/local/bin/python ./setup.py <arguments>

But that command won't work well unless you've installed several other
packages. There's a guide to RedHat installation at
<http://www.gnuenterprise.org/docs/redhat_install.html>.

Beyond those instructions, you'll need to install the Python drivers for
whatever database you intend to use. Here's how I installed the pypgsql
PostgreSQL driver on RH7.2:
<http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/gnue/2002-February/002934.html>.

Good luck,
Scott