Re: Comments on the HR Draft

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: Comments on the HR Draft
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:28:19 +0100

Neil Tiffin wrote:
At 3:35 PM +0100 12/12/01, Reinhard Mueller wrote:

Neil Tiffin wrote:

At 12:06 PM -0600 12/11/01, Derek Neighbors wrote:

** note on things like relationship/status etc... It might be
better to list them after the class that uses them, because I
hought wtf are these sitting out here all alone for, until I saw
them referenced in another class.  That or make better comments
for them. :)

The original parser required them first. I believe Reinhard's new parser eliminates the need to have them first. If so, we will move
them.

It does not eliminate the need for correct order. Before you can reference something, you have to define what it is.

I was in the processing of removing this from the old parser, I hope
we  can do the same for the new parser.  I have some circular
references where it is impossible to do this for references and lists. See the HR gcd for an example.

We will be able to do this.
However, I would guess that most of the circular references are merely a workaround for missing features in the geas interface, for example for the missing possibility to find out for a given object, which list it is a member of.

Thanks,

--
Reinhard Mueller
GNU Enterprise project