Re: HR Package Proposal

From: Neil Tiffin
Subject: Re: HR Package Proposal
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 10:42:16 -0500

At 9:19 AM -0500 12/2/01, Neil Tiffin wrote:
Hello all

We have a new proposal from Mark Smith posted at:

http://www.gnuenterprise.org/~neilt/GNUe_HR_Package.txt

This is just the beginning and Mark is anxious to hear your comments. Mark, I took out some of the boiler plate to make it easier to review.

--------- from proposal --------------
module personnel
{
  #---------------------------------------------------
  # employee - personal details relating to employment
  #---------------------------------------------------
  class employee:person::name_prefix, name_suffix, address, employee
  {
   char         personal_number<25>;
   date         date_of_birth;
   char         sex_code<8>;
   char         former_name<25>;

We already have an employee class in base.person

It is
  # ----------------------------------------------
  # employee -
  # ----------------------------------------------
  class employee
  {
    char        code<8>;     # employee designation
    person::person      person;
    person::department  *department;
  };

So your class should be defined as

module ps
{
  #---------------------------------------------------
  # employee - personal details relating to employment
  #---------------------------------------------------
  extend person::employee {
    char                personal_number<25>;
    date                date_of_birth;
    char                sex_code<8>;
    char                former_name<25>;
  };

see
http://www.gnuenterprise.org/~neilt/GNUeModuleGuide/main/x369.html#EXTEND
for explanation

I would suggest ps because every field in the raw sql database will be prefixed with the module that extended it. So personal_number will become ps_personal_number.

I thought we documented this someplace, but cant seem to find it.

--
Neil
address@hidden