Re: Need more detail.

From: Georg Lehner
Subject: Re: Need more detail.
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 23:45:57 -0600

Hello!

First off all congratulations to the core-team!

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 11:32:17PM +0100, Reinhard Müller wrote:
> Until then, business managers (um, let's say IT consultants) can write
> .cld files by hand. :)

Is the .cld language and the gnuef language definition available
somewhere?

We ARE in the stage of trying to stick business objects together and
did not yet decide definitly on the tools (We were waiting for you :).

Does the ncurses interface work again? Ok, we could do without it at
this moment, but we need to know, if it will be maintained in a
future.

After getting a hand on the specs of the languages (and the path to
the right directory where GEAS looks for my .cld files ;) I would
begin to teach things to my "biz"-programmers.

Thank's Alejandro for the Master Inventory plan. There too I think
some explanation of the Variables would be helpful.

Currently our focus was on other detail of storerooms material
movements, so maybe we can merge the two aproaches.

I would like to have the more detailed version for study.

Aldo is writing docs for our first low-level module right now and
maybe it comes mid of next week. If it is relevant to the GNUE project
I will post it.

As to UML, I just read through "UML for Impatient" and saw it did not
include Class Diagrams (the nice boxes you see first in Dia). Is there
something similar "simple" and small on the net for this part of UML?

Yet with the discussion about UML-docs it came to my mind, that the
FAQ could be a great help and I would be willing to contribute in
composing it. So please send me personal Mail if once you have found
out something about GNUe, but it did cost you quite a time. The
contents of the Mail should be the Question and the corresponding
Answer. If you have a Question only, send it to the mailing list and I
may catch it too. (Disclaimer: Don't expect to much, I have three day
intervalls for reading/responding Email).

Today I found out, that glade creates also an xml-format for it's
GTK-Interfaces. Would it be possible to convert them into gnuef-format
automatically? Done already?

Best Regards

        Jorge-León