Re: Inventory

From: Alejandro Imass
Subject: Re: Inventory
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 06:03:05 -0700 (PDT)

--- Georg Lehner <address@hidden> wrote:

> However, with Alejandro Imass's (Saludos amigo!)
> proposal in mind, the
> design will be as general as possible.

cool.

> Is anybody working on this part of GNUE? Please
> contact me to see what
> exists yet, and what we can contribute.

Sure. I have been working on the UML model, but some
stuff I have delayed waiting for the other GNUE layers
to mature.

You see, I have had discrepancies on certain methods
that will probably be served by generic GNUE services
rather than by the inventory objects.

I do have an ER model,and a normalized relational
model of inventory (without some details). What I have
tried to do is model it back in UML using DIA, the
proposed modeling standard for GNUE.I must admit that
I have not dedicated enough time, probably because
there has been no urgency.

Gimme this week and I will cleanup and send what I
have so we can start coding this monster. I am very
happy that you liked the specs.

Best Regards,
Alejandro Imass

P.S. Jonas, James, Derek: If we start the development
of the business objects related to Materials
Management, do you think we should have a separate
list for each package or goup of packages?