RE: New Object Server Documents

From: Alejandro Imass
Subject: RE: New Object Server Documents
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 06:58:58 -0700 (PDT)

--- Stuart Quimby <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is this available on the gnue.org site?  I can't
> seem to find it.  If not, where could I get a copy?
> I'd be most interested to see what you've done.

yeap:
http://gnue.org/docs/gnue_inv.html

you can also get to it by selecting "docs"and
scrolling all the way down and clicking on the "HTML"
link in supply chain.

> What are UML and DIA?

UML is the Unified Modeling Language for Object
Modeling. You can find more info at:

http://www.omg.org

DIA is a GNU tool that can create UML models. At some
point it was decided to be the standard for GNUE
modeling. There is also a good book that will get you
up and running very fast on Object Modeling and UML:
Here is the Spanish ISBN :-) 84-481-2015-9, it's
published by McGraw Hill so it must have come from an
English version, even though the Author is from Spain,
his name is Luis Joyanes Aguilar, just in case you
need it.

Best Regards,
Alejandro

BTW to ALL. At lunch yesterday I brought up the
posibility of our company dedicating resources to
GNUE, and they were all for it. As soon as I have an
official statement I will let you guys know. The plan
is to include GNUE development as part of our official
project list for the R&D department (20+ people).