Re: [Gnue] report IDL

From: Derek A. Neighbors
Subject: Re: [Gnue] report IDL
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:18:19 -0700

Chris Browne as usual brings up some good points about the IDL.  This is
one reason I am big on not pushing hard on a client/dtd/designer until
the concept has been proofed.  This is not like looking at Crystal
Reports and copying what they are doing.

This is a different approach that seems like it might bring some
valuable enhancements to enterprise reporting, but then again it could
have SERIOUS faults that make it a no go.  I would rather get a few
sample POC's working and scale them up and make sure its something that
is livable before we start adding tons of bells and whistles....

Hope that makes sense.

Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise
http://www.gnue.org