Re: [Gnue] RE: [xbrl-public] What is EDIFACT GL

From: ^chewie
Subject: Re: [Gnue] RE: [xbrl-public] What is EDIFACT GL
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 02:03:01 -0500

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 10:15:42PM -0700, Todd Boyle wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> I will argue that EDIFACT GL is irrelevant to SMBs except to
> the extent it influences ebXML and XBRL GL.

Um...  I worked for a company for over a year that would be considered
a small business that was FORCED to use EDI, EDIFACT or X.12 with
large companies.  They were a manufacturing OEM supplier, and in order
to please the customer, we had to pay into a proprietary service
network to lease software and network access.  Yeah, there is need for
EDIFACT/X.12 EDI for small businesses.  To say otherwise is to choose
to be naieve.  I'm sorry, to say it so, but you've been arguing this
for the last year and it's still falling on deaf ears, but what you're
preaching IS NOT IN THE REAL WORLD.

Anyway...

--
Chad "^chewie" Walstrom <address@hidden>