[Gnue] RE: Participation RE: [xbrl-public] XBRL book proposal

From: Coffin, Zachary P
Subject: [Gnue] RE: Participation RE: [xbrl-public] XBRL book proposal
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 07:45:16 -0400

Derek, thanks for your note.  Rereading Todd's words, I'm compelled to do a
quick response.

>> I have no evidence why XBRL does not engage in public discussion about
the designs of its >schema .  The XBRL Spec (1.2) states  that the spec
>> is written primarily to advance the interests of users rather than
vendors-- then why >don't you listen to, or speak with, your customers and
>> users?   One  possible reason is to keep  the number of  personal and
corporate names on >the boilerplate of the XBRL schema  to a minimum,  to
>> maximize future consulting money.

>I have yet to see a standard outside of some rare network ones
>(TCP/IP,DNS,etc) that are not advancing the interests of a VENDOR.  This
>is and will probably always be part of the problem.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.  If we wanted to "keep the number of personal and
corporate names" why have we grown from a one country, 13-member
organization into a 15 country, 70 member organization in less than a year?
Why are we every week seeking new members.  Why spend hundreds of thousands
of dollars of time and expenses (of our own money) doing nothing more than
communicating to audiences around the world and in ever sector.  And if you
think it's to advance the cause of vendors, you're wrong.  I'm a consultant.
If I tell company ABC that they can use XBRL with a simple software upgrade,
then I've lost out on consulting opportunities.  I'm not going to get into
motivations now but, Todd, you're way off in left-field on this one and just
guessing where the ball is.

>> I'm having great fun with this-- prove me wrong. Publish your work in
progress.

You may be having fun poking us with irresponsible statements but I just
don't have the time.  It's 4:41 a.m., I've got a plane to catch.  Let's
start again, Todd; per Derek's suggestion, please ask single issue
questions, and I'll respond.  Thanks again for your continued interest.

Regards to all,

Zack

XBRL Liaison Chair
address@hidden

Zachary Coffin
KPMG XBRL Lead
355 South Grand Avenue, Suite 2000
Los Angeles, CA  90071-1568
Tel: (213) 955-8508  -  Fax: (213) 630-5196
Email: address@hidden
is unauthorized.