gnue-dev

Re: [GNUe-dev] [RFE] new procedure method

From: Malek Hadj-Ali
Subject: Re: [GNUe-dev] [RFE] new procedure method
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:17:40 +0100

i'd like to, say, send back some info to users after a procedure
completed correctly.

now, i know i can just return some message and deal with it client side,
but i thought it would be convenient to have a standard way to do this.

ie if the client receive an xmlrcpc.fault with faultCode=99 instead of 1
(or an InfoRequest instead of an AbortRequest error class), then it
knows it's not a "real" error and can display it differently than one
(not in a dialog but in a status bar for example).

(i'm not sure i'm clear here)

thanks
lekma