gnue-dev

[GNUe-dev] Beta releases

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: [GNUe-dev] Beta releases
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:21:29 +0200

Friends,

I'm just releasing beta versions of most of the tools. These versions
need testing before they can be used in production. Please test.

The last changes I made are related to gnue's behaviour when the backend
throws an exception: the cursor will jump into the master block of the
block chain (master-detail-detail-...) that caused the exception, and
the current record will be set to the offending record. This does not
yet work with appserver backends.
Also, the front end (gnue-forms) should always remain in a consistent
state even if an exception happened on pressing the "commit" button -
you should always be able to correct the mistake and press "commit"
again.

It looks as if there were no major further functional changes necessary
in datasources, but there will be more code cleanup (comments,
docstrings, etc.) before the final release.

Again, please test the beta releases.

Ajmitch, if it's not too much work, I would appreciate if you could
upload the beta releases to experimental.

In case anybody finds a serious bug that he can fix himself, please do
so and release a beta2. Instructions on how to do so are in gnue-common
technote 00011. It's not much work - everybody with an account on ash
can do so.

I'm on vacation for 2 weeks starting with now.

Thanks all,
Reinhard