gnue-dev

[GNUe-dev] Re: an inquiry

From: Linas Vepstas
Subject: [GNUe-dev] Re: an inquiry
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 18:06:03 -0500

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 02:59:04PM -0700, linuxg33k was heard to remark:
> Good afternoon gentlemen.
>
> A quick thanks for creating Gnotime.

You are welcome.

> GNUE be a valid approach to porting GNOTIME to a framework to allow
> GNOTIME information to be shared with a greater solution stack?

I am partway through the development of a generic object infrastructure
that should, in theory, make it 'easy' to allow application data
to be copied to/from other data sources/sinks.  I'm in the prototyping
stage now, and Gnotime was going to be infrastructure on which I'd
try it out first (GnuCash would be second).  I have not given much
thought to interacting with GnuE, but would be willing to spend some
time prototyping the interfaces to interact with it, once I get a
bit further along in the base work.

As to your other GnuE questions, the are best left to the main GnuE
developers, of which I am not one.

--linas

(The object system I'm refering to is a mash-up of some of the
concepts in http://dwi.sourceforge.net and qof.sourceforge.net.
Whether/how it will work out remains to be seen.  Wish I had more
time to work on it.)

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <address@hidden>