gnue-dev

Re: [GNUe-dev] [RFC] PyUnit Framework for GNU Enterprise

From: Jan Ischebeck
Subject: Re: [GNUe-dev] [RFC] PyUnit Framework for GNU Enterprise
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 01:54:35 +0200

Am Mo, 2003-09-08 um 02.41 schrieb Jason Cater:
> James and I have long wanted a unit-testing framework for GNUe.  We both
> have looked at PyUnit, but aside from some very basic stuff, we couldn't
> figure out how we'd get a lot of GNUe's parts tested in a non-interactive
> environment.

I would try to test the gnue-common core functionality first, because it
doesn't need that interactive stuff. At a later state we probably have
to write our own GUI testing tool, as I don't know if python already has
something like that, and the only good GUI testing tools I've heard of
are commercial.

> I'd like to see us try, though. I agree with Reinhard that each module
> should have its own.  I'd imagine we'd add test/ directories to each
> module.
>
> -- Jason

I put the stuff I've written in a unittest directory. I would prefer to
name it unittest to distinguish between test="test every single part of
the app" and test="try me out". If you think that the name 'unittest' is
misleading, to long or not necessary please feel free to rename it.

Jan