gnue-dev

[Gnue-dev] Our packaging should be changed to comply with the Linux Stan

From: Stanley A. Klein
Subject: [Gnue-dev] Our packaging should be changed to comply with the Linux Standards Base
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 15:48:52

I was looking in CVS at the documentation on static packaging.  It refers
to installing in /usr/local.  According to the Linux Standards Base,
packaged applications are to be installed in /usr/share.  Also (IIRC)
according to the LSB, /usr/local is not to be used by external packages,
only by the system administrator.  We should change our packaging
accordingly and have GNUe install in /usr/share.

BTW, the LSB applies only to GNU/Linux and does not apply to other *nix
systems such as Solaris.

Stan Klein