gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] Unicode + wxPython

From: Aditya Gilra
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] Unicode + wxPython
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 09:46:48 -0700 (PDT)

||Shriharih||

God-Remembrance.

--- Jan Ischebeck <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've tried to use the pyGTK UIDriver with the latest
> cvs
> version of forms and found out that it needs to be
> changed
> at many points to get it working.

It was written only for the officially released
forms-0.3 version. We're using it with that. I noticed
that even the branched off cvs bug fix for 0.3 was
much modified that it broke my pygtk2 driver. I've
modified it again (not sent yet), but still won't
match the latest cvs and no time to track cvs.

> But anyway, I think it is great to have a bit more
> choice
> of UIDrivers. And I really need UTF8 output and
> Xinput for
> forms, so I will try to help to get that pyGTK
> driver running.

Maybe you don't need context-dependant ligaturing, in
which case you could go for wxpython driver. It
supports utf-8. You'll need to patch 2-3 lines in one
other file in GFForms that I'd posted before.

But if you need ligaturing like us in India, you need
to go for gtk at least till wxGTK 2.3.3 is out.

Great if you could track cvs with the pygtk driver.

- Aditya.