gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] First draft for an API of the GNU Enterprise Application

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] First draft for an API of the GNU Enterprise Application Server
Date: 13 Mar 2002 18:52:47 +0100

Am Mit, 2002-03-13 um 16.46 schrieb Daniel E Baumann:
> > However the Forms and Reports team will have to decide if they find it
> > useful to be able to request sets, bags or dictionaries of objects from
> > the Appserver.
>
> Yes I suppose that is what will dictate things, however from what I see
> there will be an OQL interface and an Introspection interface. Of
> course this is all heresay, as I haven't fully thought about it or
> finished working out all the details.

I'm not sold about both the OQL interface and the Introspection
interface.

Instead of the OQL interface, we could use the query tree system from
common that forms uses internally now. This could be the better way than
to let Forms translate the query from tree to OQL and let the Appserver
translate OQL back to query tree :)

On the Introspecion topic, I play with the idea of allowing
introspection by pseudo business objects (like you query an object class
"sys::classes" and "sys::fields" etc.). Like most databases do it on
table/column level anyway.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller