[open-cobol-list] Ansible Deployment Available

From: Christopher Davenport
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Ansible Deployment Available
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:06:18 +0000

Hello everyone,

I have a working ansible deployment mechanism taking from source to a working version on multiple operating systems(RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora) and I would love to extend it to more operating systems for easier deployment for anyone interested. I only need package names for dependencies and any OS can easily be added.

It can be found on Ansible Galaxy

Source can be found on Github.

The reason I am reaching out is that I seem to have a reversion of sorts where for version 1.1  the check fails on Ubuntu 16.04(line 691) and Fedora 24(line 690) where succeeding on earlier and other operating systems

I am interested if you find any problems, or if you think I should add anything else to make this role or my testing thereof more complete. If there are integrated environmental variables you believe should be included in /etc/profile.d I would also like to know those so that I can provide as complete of an experience as possible.

Thanks,
Chris Davenport