Re: [open-cobol-list] Reading directory lists from GNU Cobol programmes

From: Simon Sobisch
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Reading directory lists from GNU Cobol programmes
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 22:55:18 +0100

Hi Dave and welcome to GnuCOBOL.

As Brian already pointed out there is the plan to add this feature (will
be supported with the "old" x'91', too).

See https://sourceforge.net/p/open-cobol/feature-requests/105/

You're invited to do the necessary changes (or let someone do this for
you, either a friend, in-house, or paid) - I'm always willing to help
anyone that wants to provide patches. Just leave a note in the FR
mentioned above.

In the meanwhile you can only do a
        CALL "SYSTEM" USING "cd <dir> && ls <searchlist> > dirfile"
or
        CALL "SYSTEM" USING "cd <dir> && dir <searchlist> > dirfile"
depending on the system used (or both, doing the second only if the
return-code is not zero)

Simon