Re: [open-cobol-list] cobxref with the 2.0 version?

From: Michael D. Setzer II
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] cobxref with the 2.0 version?
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 10:28:47 +1000

From:                   "Michael D. Setzer II"
<address@hidden>
To:                     address@hidden
Date sent:              Fri, 25 Oct 2013 20:20:54 +1000
Subject:                [open-cobol-list] cobxref with the 2.0 version?

> I just saw the 2.0 version was available for testing, and
> downloaded it, and have set it up as a quick test, and didn't have any
> issues on some test programs, but have just tried to compile the
> cobxref that I've used with the 1.1 version, but it fails to compile
> with an error.
>
> Is there a newer version of cobxref that would work with the 2.0
> version?

I've done some more testing, but still not got a fully working
solution.

Have found a newer version of cobxref, but it gets the same error
on the same line, just a different position in the program. It is a
line move high-values to Global-Current-Level

The Global-Current-Level is pic 99, and the manual shows that
you can not move high-values to a numeric field?? So, it is an
error. The if is looking for "CD " or "SD ", which I don't have, so I
tried replacing high-values with 9 to get rid of the error.

This results in the programming compiling, and I can run it on
simple programs, but if a program has a select clause it is failing.
"Error: Eof on source possible logic error at aa047 ASSUMING
again"

If I comment out the select lines, it does run, but it gives errors on
lines that use the files as not being defined or not a file name?

The latest version of the cobxref has 3337 lines, and I had to
change the currency symbol to the $.  Doesn't have a specific
identification, so there may be a newer version that I haven't
located. Programs work fine with the new compiler, but just can
not get the xref file.

> Was on the old forum list, but just joined this list.
>
> Thanks.

>   Michael D. Setzer II -  Computer Science Instructor
>   Guam Community College  Computer Center
>   mailto:address@hidden
>   mailto:address@hidden
>   http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
>   Guam - Where America's Day Begins
>   G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/
>
> http://setiathome.berkeley.edu (Original)
> Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
> Processing time:  32 years, 290 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
> (Total Hours: 287,489)
>
> address@hidden CREDITS
> ROSETTA      8887569.464457   |   SETI        16472452.858108
> ABC         16381687.887052   |   EINSTEIN    13870577.659852

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:address@hidden
  mailto:address@hidden
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

address@hidden CREDITS
ROSETTA      8887569.464457   |   SETI        16472452.858108
ABC         16385944.988436   |   EINSTEIN    13870577.659852