Re: [open-cobol-list] Playing with OC and AJAX

From: Michael Anderson
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Playing with OC and AJAX
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 11:57:12 -0600

On Tue, 2012-01-03 at 06:30 -0700, Jeffrey Chimene wrote:
> I'm not familiar with FastCGI, but if it's CGI, it can't maintain
> state

I'm not familiar with Websocket! I will look into it, hopefully it is
closer to the standard for the web, THANKS!

However, your statement above is not correct, the reason it is called
FastCGI, is because it maintains a socket to a single process, and
therefore does not need to be re-created for each CGI request. It does
require that you write your process to NOT "STOP RUN". It's been around
since the mid 90's, and also requires building (configure/make/install),
and some additional httpd configuration, installation of mod_fcgi.so,
and so on....... much work to do! Maybe wedsocket is simpler, and common
in todays www. Thank you so much for the info.

--
Mike.