Re: [open-cobol-list] CVS and OC version update

From: Alain Lucari
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] CVS and OC version update
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 19:17:22 +0100

Le Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:13:05 +0200,
Roger While <address@hidden> a écrit :

> CVS 0.33 has been tagged to End_version_0_33.
>
> OC version has been updated to 1.0.
> Many fixes.
> See the individual ChangeLog files
> in top level and directories cobc, libcob,
> tests.
>
> Pre-release tarball download at -
> http://www.sim-basis.de/open-cobol-1.0.tar.gz
>
> Roger

Hi Roger,

Sorry to disturb you but I have some problems not understoodable for
me :
From many years I was using OC-0.23.19 well discuted with Keysuke and
tested, but as my old PC is broken I try to use the last version of OC
and some other litlle things like Postgres-8.2, Claws-mail ... ^-) .
I cant compile a program named CHOIX with :
cobc -free -x -o $PROG $PROG.cob $SP1.cob 2>&1 | tee $PROG.como
I obtain :
../../Eclair/copie/pro-initdb: In paragraph 'DEBUT':
../../Eclair/copie/pro-initdb:7: Error: 'environment-variable'
undefined in SPECIAL-NAMES ../../Eclair/copie/pro-initdb:7: Error:
syntax error, unexpected LITERAL ../copie/pt-menu: In paragraph
'GF-menu': ../copie/pt-menu:3: Error: 'wt-menu' undefined
The main prog CHOIX.cob well contain
 CONFIGURATION SECTION.
     COPY '../../Eclair/copie/spec-name.cobc'.
wich contain
 SPECIAL-NAMES.
      SYSERR is std-error.
and also in the main is
     COPY "../copie/wt-menu".
wich is :
     01  mART.
         05  mKEY.
             07  mAPPL pic X(6).
             07  mCC pic X.
             07  mNIVEAU pic x(9).
             07  mREP pic X.
             07  mDOSS pic X(5).
         05  mPASSWD pic X(6).
         05  mATTCH pic X(6).
         05  mSATTCH.
             07  mSATTCH1 pic X.
             07  mSATTCH2 pic X(5).
         05  mLIB pic X(70).
         05  mCOMI pic x(8).

I don't ask for modif in OC, just for what I do modify : I can works a
bit, but WHAT I must do for compile programs well working with
OC-0.23 ?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Alain Lucari (Eurlix)