[open-cobol-list] CVS Update 20051031

From: Roger While
Subject: [open-cobol-list] CVS Update 20051031
Date: Mon Oct 31 10:32:37 2005

CVS updated.

Thanks to Oleg Philon for reporting this .
Oleg ran the OC tests and was getting failed tests with :
warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'own_memcpy_generic' differ in signedness

but : gcc-3.3 (GCC) 3.3.6 (Debian 1:3.3.6-7)

What ???
Pointer signed checking was only supposed to be active
with gcc >= 4.x

So, some bright person either at Debian or the GCC project decided
to change default options in the middle of a stable series.
Geez.

As it appears we cannot rely on the GCC major/minor/patch "ifdef's"
to determine if we should add "-Wno-pointer-sign", check it in
configure.

Note - One may ask why I don't change the argument(s) in the routine
to "void *"; well, that's not exactly compatible and has other side effects.
Or, why not type cast the arguments - well, yes that would be an
objective but we have to find a way to feed typing into the build_cast routine.

You should know where the snapshot CVS tarball is by now :-)

http://www.sim-basis.de/open-cobol-0.33.tar.gz

Roger