[open-cobol-list] Re: Numeric field problem

From: Roger While
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Re: Numeric field problem
Date: Wed Jan 5 05:29:25 2005

> Quick fix to get correct results is to disable optimization
> of numeric display fields in cob_add_int()

Unfortunately doing this causes NIST test RL117A to fail.
Seems that the cob_add_int in fileio.c for relative files then
does not work correctly. Eeek. Why ?
 Anybody like to help out here ?

No changes made to CVS.

There is also another problem with moving binary fields to
numeric edited or packed (with binary-trunc=no). These are
getting truncated.
Solution, I think, is in move.c at line 660 where we need to add
the cases for COB_TYPE_NUMERIC_PACKED and
COB_TYPE_NUMERIC_EDITED.

Roger