Re: [open-cobol-list] Incorrect results with binary fields

From: Giroud, Bernard
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Incorrect results with binary fields
Date: Mon Oct 11 21:34:57 2004

Roger While a écrit :

Take the following program compiled with one of the options
that sets binary-trunc off :

(...snip...)

There seem to be several problems here,
some of which I have detected but there still remains
something that is wrong.
In numeric.c, cob_decimal_get_binary, we should not be doing
the mpz_fits tests when !flag_binary_truncate (I think)
However, that's not the only problem. Still looking.
Keisuke, can you come up with a quick fix ?

Roger While

You contribute a lot debugging and getting OC better and better,
and your skills seem definitely useful for the project.

Have you ever envisaged to become a full OC developper ?

I'll be glad to register you if you have a sourceforge user account.

Best regards,

--
Bernard Giroud
Open Source COBOL Tools Developer