Re: Re: [open-cobol-list] redefines problem

From: David Korn
Subject: Re: Re: [open-cobol-list] redefines problem
Date: Mon Mar 1 13:10:08 2004

Yes, that fixes the size of `WS-FUPPENVI-DEV' larger than size
of `WS-FUPPENVI-PRO'roblem.

Another MVS peculiarity that I have come across is

        ACCEPT FROM DATE YYYYMMDD

I suspect that YYYYMMDD was added to handle four digit years.
The compiler give parse error, unexpected WORD.

Finally, I am getting a warning message with the line
         MOVE FUNCTION CURRENT-DATE TO WS-BILL-DT-HDFTR
that says warning: `FUNCTION' not implemented
WS-BILL-DT-HDFTR is defined as.
         03 WS-BILL-DT-HDFTR               PIC  X(08) VALUE SPACES.

I am not sure what this is supposed to do, I assume that it
moves a reference to the CURRENT-DATE function into WS-BILL-DT-HDFTR
but I am not sure.

David Korn
address@hidden