[open-cobol-list] Re: COBOL utilities project

From: David Essex
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Re: COBOL utilities project
Date: Mon Jun 17 11:46:03 2002

At 11:41 AM 17/06/02 +0900, Keisuke Nishida wrote:

> I originally used the one written for TC, which only extracted
> `NC' tests at that time.  Later I hacked the test suite and
> wrote new scripts that extract all tests (i.e., CM, DB, IC, IF,
> IX, NC, OB, RL, RW, SG, SM, SQ, and ST).

Bernard Giroud did the original investigation, created the original
CONTROL-CARD-FILE and wrote the test report program in awk.

I wrote most of the Perl scripts.

> But I have not understood the test suite completely, especially
> how to write CONTROL-CARD-FILE, and those scripts and the control
> file still need to be improved.

Unfortunately there is no information on how to use the CONTROL-CARD-FILE
in the NIST source,
other than trail and error, and what information can be derived from the
source code.

So it definitely needs improvement.

There seams to be some differences between the TC and OC versions, perhaps
Bernard and Keisuke should compare notes on this.

At 05:44 PM 17/06/02 +0200, Bernard Giroud wrote:
> So, who registers the cobol-utils project?

While I would like to contribute to the project, I would not like to manage
it.

David Essex