[open-cobol-list] (no subject)

From: Doug Vogel
Subject: [open-cobol-list] (no subject)
Date: Thu Jun 6 05:45:01 2002

>  At Wed, 05 Jun 2002 00:48:30 -0600,
> > Richard A. Painter <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >
> > > we have a LOT of code that uses the following format:
> > >       COPY XXXX OF "XXXX".
> > > which produces a parse error.
> > >
> > > would it be possible to allow this to function the same as:
> > >       COPY XXXX.
> >
> > What is the second argument (i.e., "XXXX") then?
> > If it describes a directory name or something,
> > we can extend cobpp appropriately.
> >
> > Keisuke

Hope the following helps.

   ___ Format

______________>      |
   |                                                |_ literal-1 _|  |_
_OF_ __ _library-name_ _|                             |

|_IN_|  |_ literal-2 __|                                         |

   | >__ ____________ __ _________________________________________
__.___><       |
   |              |_ SUPPRESS _|  |
<__________________________  |                                |

|_REPLACING____operand-1__BY__operand-2_|_|

text-name, library-name
Text-name identifies the name of the copy text. Library-name identifies
where the copy text exists.

Must follow the normal rules of formation for a user-defined word:

     The word can be from 1-30 characters in length.
     The word can contain characters: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, hyphen.
     At least one character must be alphabetic.
     The hyphen can't be the first or last character.