gnucap-devel

Re: precalc_first

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: precalc_first
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 12:40:51 +0200

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 09:40:30PM -0400, al davis wrote:
> One thing that does need to be corrected, which would appear to fix
> the initial issue here, is that if a parameter has_hard_value, it
> should always be printed.  As it stands, if there is some other test
> (like has_good_value or xx == 0) even a hard value would be
> suppressed.  I see two ways to fix ..  One is to change all print_test
> in the ,model files to add "has_hard_value()||".  The other is to add
> it to modelgen or in the code that calls param_is_printable().

I have added "has_hard_value()||" in modelgen in the hard_value branch
and recorded the test changes.

I believe this addresses the initial issue, but it does not fully
resolve it. When c_list calls precalc_first it only reaches CARDs that
are not inside subcircuit prototypes. precalc_first may change and
actually does change some of their appearance in c_list. I have removed
the call from list_save and recorded the changes in the prec_list
branch. It has the opposite effect to forwarding precalc_first in
subcircuit proto, see precalc_first branch.

thanks
felix