gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] wave storage

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] wave storage
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 10:23:09 +0200

Hi Abhinav.

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 01:36:40PM +0530, Abhinav singh wrote:
> I already addressed this issue back in summer.

i know there was a discussion, and it turned out that the copy
constructor was missing (that's all i can remember). do you have a
global solution for this?

> >> dc v1 0 1 .1 label=dc1
> >> alter something
> >> dc v1 0 1 .1 label=dc2
> >> measure x=at(probe="dc1:v(1)")
> >> measure y=at(probe="dc2:v(1)")
>
> This means storing of wave in map with label as key and if user not
> provides any label then overwrite the default one. The same thing i
> had done but that is only for plotting purpose.

yes, i had quickly hacked this into my wave calculator plugin, then
noticed that it is useless, if other plugins (particularly measurements,
maybe plot commands) cannot access these waves. so i decided to
rearrange the storage backend.

> We also need to modify the way of finding wave associated with the probe name.

this is CKT_BASE::find_wave. please have a look at the "waves" branch,
it might be useful for your plot plugin...

> >> wave difference=dc1:v(1)-dc2:v(1)
> >> plot difference
>
> What exactly is this "difference" ? Currently we can only plot probes
> and if we wants to plot some expression like this then we need to
> store this expression in plotlist. If you know how to do it then its
> not difficult.

roughly, "difference" is the name of a wave that is created by a plugin
(the wave calculator command plugin maybe?) and made accessible to other
plugiuns via CKT_BASE::find_wave. the exact details are up to your
imagination :)

cheers
felix