gnuastro-devel

[bug #63390] The --kernel option in the aststatistics program.

From: Elham Saremi
Subject: [bug #63390] The --kernel option in the aststatistics program.
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 18:38:43 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Sun 20 Nov 2022 11:38:41 PM UTC By: Elham Saremi <elham>
If we use a kernel file for --kernel option in the _aststatistic_ program,
there is no problem but if we don't want to use a kernel, we can not use
--kernel=none similar to the _NoiseChisel_ program and using this option,
_aststatistics_ doesn't run. Also, we don't see a proper error text for it.

To clarify, please see two examples below:

aststatistics test.fits --sky --kernel=kernel.fits
Statistics (GNU Astronomy Utilities) 0.19.16-f4bb
Estimating Sky (reference value) and its STD.
-----------
  - Using 12 CPU threads.
  - Input: test.fits (hdu: 1)
  - Kernel: kernel.fits (hdu: 1)
  - Input convolved with kernel.                       0.254564 seconds
  - Sky and its STD found on 800/4761 tiles.           0.058472 seconds
  - All blank tiles filled (interplated).              0.011181 seconds
  - Smoothed Sky and Sky STD values on tiles.          0.001490 seconds
  - Sky and its STD written to 'test_sky.fits'.
-----------
Completed in: 0.563517 seconds

aststatistics test.fits --sky --kernel=none

FITSIO status = 104: could not open the named file
failed to find or open the following file: (ffopen)
none[1#]
aststatistics: opening the given extension/HDU in the given file

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?63390>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/