gnuastro-devel

[task #15128] TPV and SIP keywords when WCS distortions are necessary

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15128] TPV and SIP keywords when WCS distortions are necessary
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 19:34:50 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #21, task #15128 (project gnuastro):

Good progress! I have had a general look at it and you seem to be on the right
path ;-).

Just one small thing: 'wcspih' is the general function that is used to read
*all* WCS keywords from the input FITS header into 'wcsprm'. Its not just
limited to the distortion keywords. In Gnuastro, we already use it in the
gal_wcs_read_fitsptr
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/tree/lib/wcs.c#n71> function of
'lib/wcs.c'.

Now that you have the general outline and want to start digging deeper into
implementation details, you can use the 'main()' function I gave before and
start playing with the contents of the `wcsprm' to see effect of your changes
on the written WCS ;-).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15128>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/