gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #14363] Option for scaling to nearest full pixel

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #14363] Option for scaling to nearest full pixel fraction
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 10:24:07 -0500 (EST)

Update of task #14363 (project gnuastro):

=> Option for scaling to nearest full pixel fraction

Follow-up Comment #6:

Thanks, I am really happy that we were able to reach a common understanding. I
have modified the title of this task to "Option for scaling to nearest full
pixel fraction", if you can think of a better title, please feel free to
update it (or if you can't, comment here so I do it).

Since you have read the book and you brought up this problem with ImageWarp
not operating as you expected it, it would be great if you could propose some
corrections so this experience doesn't repeat for other people who read the
book later. The book source is in `doc/gnuastro.texi', it is plain text and
written in GNU Texinfo <https://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/>,
as a first step, you can see it as a TeX source just replacing `\' with `@'.
To see your corrections in compiled format, you can just run `make pdf' and
see the updated results in an updated `gnuastro.pdf' output.

It would be great if you could bootstrap
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Bootstrapping.html>
and fork
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Forking-tutorial.html>
Gnuastro, but if you don't have the time, you can just send me the updated
`gnuastro.texi' and I will commit the changes with your name, so there is no
problem. It would be great if the text could avoid such un-expected behavior
for the future users.

Gnuastro has been built and grown starting from the low-level (most general)
solution, and we have slowly built our way up to the  high-level (more
specific, but limited) solutions. As we grow and with great suggestions like
yours, more high-level features will certainly be added, thank you so much ...

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14363>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/