gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #13767] Support FITS compressed with fpack

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #13767] Support FITS compressed with fpack
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 10:50:43 +0000 (UTC)

Update of task #13767 (project gnuastro):

        Percent Complete:                     50% => 30%

Follow-up Comment #8:

I explained the installation of fpack and funpack in the manual. However, when
I try opening the attached file (in the previous comment) in Gnuastro (for
example converting it to JPEG), I get the following error:

astconvertt convolve_spatial_warped.fits.fz --output=jpg

astconvertt: Currently only a 2 dimensional image array is supported. Your
array is 0 dimension(s). This might Be due to the fact that the data in images
with multiple extensions are sometimes put on the second extension. If this is
the case, try changing the hdu (maybe to --hdu=1).

It appears that CFITSIO will not automatically unpack the compressed file.
Having a look at the "Image Compression" section of the CFITSIO manual, it is
indeed necessary to do some operations before giving the file names to
CFITSIO. We should add those operations when the input has a fits.fz suffix so
something like the simple command above can work.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13767>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/