Re: RMS: users request you perhaps program HURD: they fear the path the

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: RMS: users request you perhaps program HURD: they fear the path the linux kernel is going.
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 21:10:02 -0500

  > With linux-libre one is still beholden to the decisions of those in
  > control of the upstream linux project.

I think that exaggerates the situation.  We release a modified version
of Firefox, with our own changes that mostly do not get installed
upstream.  We could do that with Linux if we needed to.

So far, there has been no need to do that, and I hope there won't be a
need.  But we are not trapped.  I see this as an issue of some concern
but no reason for alarm.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)