Re: (Really) Free Software future

From: Alexander Vdolainen
Subject: Re: (Really) Free Software future
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 00:01:01 +0300

Hi,

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019 11:31:18 PM EEST address@hidden
wrote:
> I agree completely about Systemd. Corporate interests are too controling
> over it. I don't know how we could remove elogind and eudev and the likes.
> GNOME doesn't seem to eager to even consider the forks, let alone an
> alternative implementation that Systemd.

Actually you don't need to remove eudev and/or elogind, keep it as a stand
alone daemons and all is going well. udev was eaten by systemd ... so keeping
a standalone implementation is quite good thing.

> Free Software should be community developed. There is no problem for
> companies to contribute but they absolutely should not be the the driven
> factor. Otherwise we have an hostile solution to forks like Systemd.

I'm afraid, but in a wildlife most of the big opensource projects are
supported by the companies. And that is might be ok.