Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 16:16:46 +0200

* pelzflorian <address@hidden> [2019-10-12 15:38]:
> On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 03:06:31PM +0200, Jean Louis wrote:
> > Ludovic Courtès and Andy Wingo and other people who are introducing
> > their pro-feminist political views into the apolitical GNU project
> > are mixing the independent GNU project with their feminist stances.
> >

> Thank you for making clear arguments.  I believe there is disagreement
> with some core points.
>
> GNU projects should be feminist, because losing contributors, users
> and advocates because of toxic behavior harms free software.  This is
> not unrelated politics.  It is very important.

I am sorry, which software got harmed?

It does not harm any software. I did not see any harm. Did some byte
of software change because of somebody's thinking? That would be one
unexplainable instance of telekinesis that I would like to observe.

When somebody expresses ANY opinion is not considered "harm" in my
opinion.

Please Florian, maybe you are from Germany, in Germany it is forbidden
to show Swastika, right? So it is censorship of free speech. If I
would bring Swastika from Nagpur, India, where I came from yesterday,
they would charge me for having a symbol of good luck that many people
use in Nagpur.

GNU is meant for all people and it is planetary project, and not
Western world feminist project only, and it shall take any stance in
any kind of politics but free software politics.

Let us not be opportunists that place expediency above other
principles, that consider good feelings with "everybody" more
important than free software principles.

So NO POLITICS IN GNU PROJECT!

Do you understand that GNU project has planetary importance?

So your stance on feminism is also directly connected to Islam, what
will be next, to prevent Muslim people using free software? What is
next? What is next?

> IMHO it would be sad to lose the support of RMS who continues to do
> so much for GNU.

His support is never lost.

He has laid out the free software philosophy and GNU manifesto, and
principles, and rule that GNU shall not follow any politics but free
software politics.

So his support is never lost unless all the supporters of free
software philosophy suddenly die in one planetary catastrophe.

> Endorsing RMS as the GNU Project’s leader could be seen as endorsing
> bad behavior though which harms the GNU operating system.

There are millions of people thinking different, why care about it?

What you think will happen in 30 years from now? Some other movement
requesting GNU to be nice to their politics?

Nonsense.

> I thank the GNU maintainers for their stance and am sorry for
> prolonging this discussion even though all arguments were already
> given somewhere before.

There are no arguments Florian. Even my son has same name as you.

Florian, FSF ist nicht Deutschland. Please try to understand what is
free speech. People shall not be punished for free speech.

RMS did not even say what is said that he has said. At least be right
to yourself to verify the facts.

Facts:
https://geoff.greer.fm/2019/09/30/in-defense-of-richard-stallman/
https://sterling-archermedes.github.io/

See more:
https://fsforce.noblogs.org/
https://backtotheaugust.org/

See this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UbQ1kc1vQU or
https://watchkin.com/y/7UbQ1kc1vQU

How about watching this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGF17TbbBcE

Please STATE the facts.

If you would make your judgment according to German constitution, I
would be fine, but you are not. Nobody is guilty of any crime, so do
not make RMS guilty of Thoughtcrime.

See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought_Police
and