Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 17:47:31 +0200

* address@hidden <address@hidden> [2019-09-05 22:57]:
> After bit more research total 98 Official GNU packages found to be inactive
> for at least 5 years.
>
> 54 were never part og Debian

Debian is not GNU.org or FSF, do you understand? Those are 2 different
groups, 2 different organizations, with differences in their policies,
political views and activities.

When you say "inactive" for at least 5 years, does that mean you
measure they are active only if they are part of Debian?

Debian is different organization, though it was sponsored by FSF, that
I know, but is different.

Let me say that in last 2 years, I used several of those packages that
you listed by thinking as not being useful.

Let me say that I did not use Debian for years. I do not consider
Debian any reference for FSF to publish or not publish certain
software.

Jean