Re: fyi, IXIN repo now public

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: fyi, IXIN repo now public
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 13:21:25 +0000

On 27 February 2015 at 10:03, Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> wrote:
> At the end of 2012, there was a thread "A replacement for info":
>
>  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-system-discuss/2012-11/msg00016.html
>
> This message is just to let everyone know that the IXIN repo is
> now public, and there is a dedicated mailing list (reachable
> From the project page), as well:
>
>  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/ixin.git?h=p
>  http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/ixin

I hope this is useful constructive feedback:

I can't really understand the point of this project just from the
README.  In particular, it's not clear to me (as a Texinfo user and
occasional author) what "fully semantic", "arbitrarily accessible",
and "runtime configurable" mean, and hence what IXIN is intended to
offer over Texinfo, since I would have thought that these characteristics
could already be used to describe Texinfo.

I suspect I could answer my own questions by looking at the project
closer and/or reading past threads on the list, but if you want your
project to attract wider interest, I would definitely recommend
clarifying this in the README.